SEARCH THIS BLOG

WELCOME ABOARD!

Thanks for looking in! I am very pleased you dropped by. May I also invite you to checkout my primary site sameshipdifferentday.com. and cruisecartoons.com.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Regent Seven Seas Voyager's 2011 World Cruise: Crossing the Indian Ocean

Day 91 of 145

Greetings from the Indian Ocean!  We just enjoyed my two most anticipated sea days of the World Cruise. I have learned over the years that when we round the corner of the Strait of Malacca and enter the Indian Ocean the two days it takes to sail across to the next port are the best and this year it did not disappoint us!

The days were about as calm as our little Spider Lake back in Traverse City, Michigan. The flying fish were abundant; twice we saw dolphins and even a couple sea turtles. But what was most viewed in the water and provoked the most discussion around the ship was being dragged through our wake for most of day 2.

 What it was exactly I never went down to look but happed to look when our Bosun was dragging it up. There was some concern that it was something stuck in our pod, which we had two years ago when we were force to abandon our world cruise in Rome because Voyager has to go to drydock.

These were also busy days from an activity standpoint, since we only have seven out of a twenty-six day segment. I had a lot to fit in. The first day at sea we celebrated Palm Sunday and had about 50 guests turn-up for my service. We also introduced a terrific speaker, whom we had the pleasure to sail with before, Mark Elovitz who spoke on each day first about “What’s Behind the Obvious in the Arab Middle East?” and then “What’s Really Inside Incredible India” the following day.  As a cruise director, I say that the most important activity / event of each sea day are the morning lectures and the segment will be another great one for having stimulating speakers. We also have a resident lecturer named Sandra Bowern who produced fantastic multi-media, destination driven talks and a couple who share the stage with one another Dr. Norman and Dr. Ngaire Douglas who also speak about the destinations we are sailing to.

 Tomorrow Chennai, India!

No comments:

Post a Comment