SEARCH THIS BLOG

WELCOME ABOARD!

Thanks for looking in! I am very pleased you dropped by. May I also invite you to checkout my primary site sameshipdifferentday.com. and cruisecartoons.com.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Regent Seven Seas Voyager's 2011 World Cruise: Beaux Bordeaux!

Day 142 of 145

It was sure great to get back here in the world’s wine capital - we just love this city!  This region has been producing wine since the 8th century. It is about a 6 1/2 hour cruise up the Garonne River to get here. It is a lovely city that looked even more lovely than the last time we were visited.

We spent a Friday and a Saturday here and our guests were treated to spectacular weather and each day was picture perfect. As usual most of our guests went out on tour and there is a lot to see here for sure! Those who chose not to get on a bus today seemed to enjoy taking it slow while walking the city – which we dock right next to – and enjoy the abundance of outdoor cafes. The people of this city love to dine outdoors!

The18th Century architecture is so pretty here and the old part of the city has been designated a UNESCO Heritage Site for that reason.

On Saturday Dana and I finally were able to step ashore around lunch time for a stroll along the riverfront followed by a typical French meal at a creperie. Lunch was delicious and it was served with a little jug of cider that added to the meal.

Last time we were here much of the waterfront was under construction.  They added a new and superb local rail system plus a huge splash park where kids and adults can run and jump in about ¼ inch or so of water. I wished I was wearing my swim trunks as I would have loved to join in.

This was one of our favorite stops of the entire journey which will soon be coming to an end…

Happy Cruising!   Jamie Logan, Cruise Director

 

No comments:

Post a Comment