SEARCH THIS BLOG

WELCOME ABOARD!

Thanks for looking in! I am very pleased you dropped by. May I also invite you to checkout my primary site sameshipdifferentday.com. and cruisecartoons.com.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Regent Seven Seas Voyager's 2011 Word Cruise: The Island of Sendai, Japan

Day 59 of 145

 

Well, my gosh the days are rolling by and it has sure been busy around here.

 

The recent events on TV have sure been distracting. It’s so terrible to see all the devastation from the Tsunami. Seven Seas Voyager had made call at what was the lovely island of Sendai, Japan just a couple years ago. It poured rain that day, but the town had a nice walking street with restaurants and shops. There was a Kamikaze Museum that was very interesting. We remember the farmland as well as the nuclear power stations along the coast. It doubt if the tourist area now remains. The video footage is beyond amazing!

 

As for Seven Seas Voyager, we were in Manila when the earthquake hit. A tsunami warning was posted for the eastern part of the country but we have heard of no damage. We were on the western side deep in Manila Bay. The water was supposed to raise only 30 centimeters and I don’t know if it did. The Captain did have his team stand by on the lines that tie us to the dock just in case.

 

We were to bunker fuel the following morning but the authorities has the fuel barges remain empty and tie up for safety sake just in case. Because of that the fuel was much delayed in getting to the ship and we were forced to sail several hours late for Taiwan. We were scheduled to be a day at sea and then arrive the following day early in the afternoon.  Now we will arrive at 6:00pm instead.

 

There are some concern on the news of another Tsunami possibly coming out of that area should they take another 9.0 jolt, however, we are safe and fine and do not believe we would be at all in its path, but the way our earth has been groaning lately you never know. The one thing that I take away from all of this is that when tragedy strikes it does so quickly and unexpectedly. Lots and lots more prayers are needed for the Japanese people…

Every morning God is given is precious
Every heartbeat, every breath I take
I'll never have them back once they've left us
There will never be another right now,
So right now…
I'm living the next five minutes
Like these are my last five minutes
Cause I know the next five minutes
May be all I have
And after the next five minutes
Turn into the last five minutes
I'm taking the next five minutes
And start it all over again…

Taken from Stephen Curtis Chapman’s song “Next Five Minutes”

No comments:

Post a Comment