Day 56 of 145
To my Vcruisers we have been pushing very hard the last several days. I have things I want to post but just haven’t had the time. Now that this day is done we should settle down for a while.
Today there was an awful lot taking place on board. But to make things even busier Captain had to let us know that we weren’t going to make our call at Sandakan, Borneo tomorrow so, we had to hustle and change all of our plans despite every thing else that was already planned to happen. Now I had been to Sandakan before and it is my kind of place, very hot, dusty, and primitive by our standards. Not a place for everyone, that’s for sure. It’s one of those ports I tell our guests they need to go ashore with a “travelers” mindset rather than a “tourists” because it isn’t exactly Las Vegas. Anyway we needed to be there at high tide in the middle of the night two days later so that we could sail over the “hump” (very shallow water) to enter the narrow channel. However, we didn’t make it there on time due to some late arriving guests in Bali and strong wind and currents against us the following day.
Last night was a celebrity show time and we had on our stage The World Famous Platters. Rita Moreno was supposed to be the entertainer but she cancelled due to a health issue. Instead of her our Vice President booked The Platters.
On last year’s world cruise we enjoyed them, as well. They drew the biggest audience of that voyage and rated the highest. They are great fun and the guests truly enjoy them. After the show they ended up in the Night Club, our Voyager Lounge, where they did more impromptu entertaining. Which reminds me, when I went out in the Terminal in Darwin, Australia to meet them and bring them aboard they were doing an impromptu performance for the local security guards and shoppies.
The entire show they kept the audience on the edge of their seats singing their many hits and popular songs from other groups of that era. They invited the audience to dance and a couple hundred people got up and were dancing on the dance floor in front of the stage, in the isles, or right by their seats. Then they led a conga line to Love Train around the room and I counted over 150 in the line.
After the standing ovation at the end of the show they all came out from backstage and met people, signed autographs. They are just the nicest people. Even though I had seen them before it was such a fun night and I believe all our guests loved it too!
Happy Cruising! Jamie Logan, Regent Seven Seas Cruises Senior Cruise Director









No comments:
Post a Comment