Day 69 of 145
Loving the Locals!
I love it when we have the opportunity to bring local culture on board so that our guests are able to see the costumes and colors, the music and dance of some of the countries we visit.
Our company provides cruise directors the opportunity to contract these acts at our discretion. Obviously, we can only do this only when we have late sailings and when the port of call has something to offer, which is not always the case. 
On our overnight in Manila last week I was able to hire the Philippines National Dance Company “Bayanihan” – Which translated to working together for the common good. This troupe has performed in 66 countries and over 700 cities around the world and has won numerous awards.

They truly are the pride of the Filipino people and the group is referred to as "A national treasure." It was several years ago since we last had an overnight there and this year the reason we had the overnight was due to the misfortune of missing Sandakan, Malaysia. In all my years of traveling this group was my favorite local show of all time.
A few nights later we were in Taiwan overnight and I had a group of performers with giant drums come on board to perform the “Lion Dance.” 
My expectations for this show were a bit more tamed but I must say both the guests and myself thought that the performance was delightfully entertaining!
Two great shows with much more to come! I love the locals!








No comments:
Post a Comment